Gradients of technological democracy (in order of least to best):
- one app, one service (WhatsApp).
- open api (multiple apps, some of which open source), one service (some information providers).
- idem, but service is self-hostable (closed source, such as MS Echange)
- idem, but service is open source (Nextcloud Talk, Matrix)
- standardized protocol (e-mail, irc, xmpp, activitypub)
@BartG95 Isn't Matrix a standardized protocol? I mean, it's still young and there aren't many implementations, but it seems that that's the goal.
@BartG95 I believe the Matrix protocol is standardized... it's just not widely adopted and far more complex than IRC/XMPP, but also the only one offering modern features
As a general instance, we are not centered on a specific theme, or a specific language. Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the few rules we have.
We always run the latest stable version of Mastodon, providing you a stock experience, with the following modifications:
Although we are a medium+ sized instance, we'd like to keep the feeling that you are at home and safe here.