On this #GAAD, I ask that developers, artists, film creators, and writers make their content not only usable for the blind, but enjoyable and pleasant as well. For developers, try your programs or OS with a screen reader. Imagine if blind people could read and write in Markdown across the whole OS? Imagine how lively the OS would be if animations had sounds as well?
For writers, describe art in your books. see Arcanum Unbounded by Brandon Sanderson on Bookshare for a great example of that.
For artists, describe your art. Even if its just a meme, blind people would love to understand it. If you create films, consider having them described, so that blind people can enjoy them too. We want to enjoy the beauty that you create!
From Arcanum Unbounded, description of the Rosharan system:
[Image: The Rosharan System depicted by several concentric bands of space surrounding a single light blue star. Fourteen of the bands contain named objects. Starting from the innermost named object closest to the star and moving outward, they are:
* Ashyn--a small red sphere.
* Roshar--a small blue sphere with three tiny spheres named Salas, Nomon and Mishim in elliptical orbits.
* Braize--a small purple sphere.
* asteroid belt.
* Jes--a medium blue sphere.
* Nan--a medium purple sphere.
* Chach--a medium red sphere.
* Vev--a medium grey sphere.
* Palah--a medium green sphere.
* Shash--a medium red sphere.
* Betab--a medium aqua sphere.
* Kak--a medium purple sphere.
* Tanat--a medium orange sphere.
* Ishi--a medium golden sphere.]
As a general instance, we are not centered on a specific theme, or a specific language. Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the few rules we have.
We always run the latest stable version of Mastodon, providing you a stock experience, with the following modifications:
Although we are a medium+ sized instance, we'd like to keep the feeling that you are at home and safe here.